Improvemnt Projects 2017-2019

Over the years since my last post, I have completed two solo voyages, from Seldovia to Seward, and Seward to Seldovia (both 150 nautical miles and three days), in order to do out-of-the-water work in Seward, and both trips proved to be trials of both the boat and myself, with long nights, terrible anchorages, and one force 7-8 gale(30-35 knots wind and-11 foot seas). As expected, the boat did incredibly well even in the worst of it, and except for realizing how much I need to get south to warmer climes, and smoother seas, so did I (or at least I think so, I survived, so I guess that's a plus). As well as sailing around South-central AK, and commercial fishing in Bristol Bay to make some much-needed cash, I have been kept busy steadily chipping away at the ever-growing(although dare I say it has begun to shrink) list of things to do before my circumnavigation departure in August 2019. Now, with under 2 months to g, here is what has been done:

1.  Replace the seized up adjustable backstay with Dyneema lashing
2.  Rebuild galley/nav station
3.  Build a wooden whisker pole
4.  Sew a companionway flap
5. Install a motor well for the outboard
6. Replace the Cape Horn windvane with an Aries Gear
7. Install two flexible fresh water tanks, 28 and 14 gallons respectively
8. Upgrade ground tackle to a 33lb Rocna anchor on 200 feet of 3/8" chain
9. Replace old head with a composting AirHead toilet
10. Redo the cockpit locker lids
11. New antifouling paint for the bottom
12. Replace the old dingy with a new packraft
13. Opening portlights for the cabin

And here is what still needs to be done:

1. Finish the box for engine
2. Repaint the dodger
3. Register EPIRB
4. Install AIS tranciever
5. Install a new 400 watt inverter
6. Fix the electric auto pilot
7. Sew a lee cloth for my bunk
8. Curtains for windows
9. Additional bookshelf
10. Install an anchor windlass
11. Provision dry goods for at least 3 months
12. DEPART

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pacific Mexico

Day 5

Isla Isabella